Saturday, December 04, 2004

"Hold me close, young Tony Danza"

Met up with Vicki to grab drinks and dinner (w/ more drinks) after work. First stop was the Tribeca Grand Hotel, where moments after we sat down, Tony Danza walked in with some not-hot-at-all chick and sat down nearby.

Vicki promptly started belting out "Hold me close, young Tony Danza..." as well as a few Who's The Boss impressions. Her? From out of town? Nooo.

Then headed to some cheesy Italian place in Little Italy and had some cheap white wine with our dinner. Vicki claimed to not be drunk at all, so I guess we have to chalk the following conversation up to being dumb:

Me: She's really cool.
Vicki: So I've heard!
Me: Yeah.
Vicki: Wait, you've never met her??
Me: Huh? Of course I've met her. You're the one who said "so I've heard".
Vicki: Oh. Right.


The night ended with a subway ride home, where some kids were about to get into a fight because some were Puerto Ricans and some were Dominicans. Obviously.

And in the end, isn't that the great thing about New York? All the racial harmony? And Tony Danza?

No comments: