Wednesday, December 15, 2004

And So The Holiday Parties Begin...

Sometimes I think that all of these holiday parties are some conspiracy to weed out the alcoholics and addicts within the organization. For example, an email from a friend about last night:

had my holiday party. open bar. lost $50, my gold bracelet and woke up with a coworker in my bed. and that's all i remember.

i think i offered to jump out of my boss' birthday cake naked. holy crap. how do i still have a job.

I doubt I'll come anywhere close to that at my company party on Thursday night, but here's hoping. Although I think this story from another Zander's blog (confusing, I know) takes the cake:

...when I was pulling out of the Government Center parking garage, I saw what I thought was a body on the corner, surrounded by police and an ambulance. When the light changed and I got closer, I saw that it was my co-worker, passed out in a pool of his own vomit. Alcohol poisoning. He spent the night in Mass General.

Now that's just dumb. But funny, cause it's not me.

No comments: