Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Oh Yeah, I'm Supposed to Blog

Sorry it took me so long to get around to this, but it was a crazy weekend that involved me being drunk by 6pm on Friday, Saturday AND Sunday, so hopefully you can sympathize. Or something.

Not gonna go into a long detailed explanation of it all. Sufficed to say, being awake for over 24 hours on Friday (damn you, World Cup) and being drunk for the last 8 hours of that is apparently just the right combination of circumstances to turn me into a drama queen bitch by 2am on Friday night. Ah well, I never claimed I wasn't high maintenance.

Saturday seemed to be headed towards an opportunity to allow my organs to breathe without being suffocated in alcohol, but that dream died by 4pm. Fortunately other people were so smashed already on scotch and wild turkey (eww) that I don't remember the last time I felt so sober on a Saturday night, if only relatively speaking. I will definitely say that if you find yourself having a drunken sing-along to "Eternal Flame" before 9pm on ANY night of the week, it's time to re-evaluate the wisdom of trying to continue the evening on any level.

And Sunday was supposed to be the quiet one, where I met up with Becs and Jenny for Yum Cha (Dim Sum) at 11am, only to walk directly into the bar next door afterwards and end up slurring badly by 7pm, and shoving Indian food into my face a few hours later to the point where I had trouble breathing.


So that's my weekend. In other news, a couple of people have noted in the comments here that Australia lost to Italy last night which would have been more upsetting, except I was lucky enough to only wake up for the last 20 minutes of the game when all the drama happened. At the risk of sounding far more masculine than I actually am, can I just say that the refs have SUCKED for this entire World Cup, and all need to be terminated immediately. No, not fired -- TERMINATED. Arnold style.

And now I'm left with a dilemma as to who to support the rest of the way. Would love to see Ghana kick some ass, partially because I love an underdog and also because they are from the motherland of Africa. I also have a financial interest in seeing France win because then I get $100 out of the office sweepstakes. And finally there's England, who I guess I should support because I am half British after all, but good lord they are so cocky. And we know how I can't stand arrogance. Because I'm so modest and all. And religious. Right.

No comments: