Friday, June 29, 2007

Things Are Lookin' Up

So I've spent most of the week being a jackass, mostly because I've been working 12 hour days and I'm not a huge fan of living in a hotel room for any amount of time.

I've also been bitter that I was unable to get a room in the hotel I liked so much last time, the Park Hyatt, so I had to settle for the Grand Hyatt, which I suppose is fine but it's kind of like flying First Class and then having to downgrade to Business. It's just not up to my newly established standards.

I haven't really been able to enjoy Melbourne just yet either. I went to dinner and drinks with a friend and some other people last night, and made it to around 9.30pm until a week of 12 hour days finally caught up with me and I had to head back to the hotel for some sleep.

However today is looking much better. I've managed to time my visit here with the Melbourne office quarterly event, which is none other than 10-pin bowling, one of my favorite activities where I make a complete ass of myself because I'm so childishly competitive.

Not only that, but some friends from Sydney are all flying in today to spend the weekend, so I will party with them tonight but be the only one who didn't actually pay for his own flights or hotel. Suckers.

No comments: