Thursday, June 21, 2007

We Were Robbed

People generally don't like playing games with me at the best of times. As I'm sure I've mentioned here before, I am childishly competitive, managing to be both a sore loser AND a sore winner.

Trivia is no exception. It's one thing if I have no idea what the answer is and someone takes a guess. However people arguing with me really irritates me, since it clearly means that they didn't get the memo that I'm always right.

The other thing that bothers me is people not paying attention. So you can imagine how frustrated I got on Tuesday evening when Team America Kate decided to commandeer the answer sheet, but then failed to pay any attention to what was going on, and ended up putting answers in the wrong boxes and combining answers that had nothing to do with each other.

As an example -- apparently, in the 70's at some point, Stevie Nicks sang a duet with...Henry VI. Also, the toy made famous by Donald Duncan in 1929 was...Jack Nicholson. Who knew?

We ended up coming in around 3rd or 4th, meaning there was no prize. Probably a good thing, since the prizes tend to be bar tabs, and I have had a sore throat for days now and really shouldn't be drinking at all.

In other news, I just had the worst day at work since I started this job, and so I've decided to spend the last few minutes watching Japanese people being weird. I'm feeling better already...

No comments: