Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Unce Unce Unce

That's the sound that's still running through my head after an awesome and mostly relaxing weekend. Friday night was just the usual nonsense, although I did manage to get home and in bed before 1am in order to save my energy for the much anticipated Good Vibrations Festival on Saturday.

Saturday was off to a questionable start (I managed to walk through a crowded shopping area near my place and was almost all the way through before I looked down and realised that my fly was not only down but WIDE OPEN) but ended up with more than a few high points to make up for it:
  • My cousin and her friends came by my place to hang out and drink before Good Vibes (which was in the park across the street) and made so much noise that my flatmate closed the door between our parts of the apartment. She also said something about us blasting Ace of Base and being concerned that the neighbours would think she "listens to that crap". Chill out?
  • While drinking at a pub between my place and the festival, I found out that Dom wouldn't be coming because he's working as a cameraman for none other than...The Real World! My sinister plan has been set in motion...
  • I lost all of my friends about 2 minutes after entering the festival, leaving me alone just long enough to get a couple of beers and grab some food before meeting up with a couple of others
  • Sneaky Sound System is officially even more awesome than I previously thought. They were brilliant.
  • Despite it not being of any interest to me, I'm not opposed to other people popping a few pills every now and then. Having said that, if your eyes are rolling back in your head and you look like you're about to fall over backwards, maybe you've gone a little too far. Idiots.
  • Jurassic 5 was great and the Beastie Boys mildly entertaining (I've never been a huge fan), but easily the best part of the whole day/night was a surprise appearance by none other than SNOOP D-O-Double-G. Made even more fantastic when he did my recently blogged current favourite "I Wanna F&#k You". I think I was rapping and singing louder than anyone on stage at that point. Sorry folks.
  • I insisted all day and into the evening that I would want to go out after the show was over. So I went home, showered, changed, and promptly passed out on my bed wearing my jeans well before midnight, with people sitting in my lounge room. I'm such a good host.

Anyway, the rest of the weekend was just a little bit perfect. Met Becs in Double Bay for brunch, then a couple of beers at the Golden Sheaf before heading to Chip & Mickey's rooftop pool for beer and swimming, a combination only Allah himself could have intended. And then finished off the afternoon with some SingStar on PlayStation (Mickey is still the champion) until I had to head to Ellen's place for the Project Runway finale plus wine and champagne. (I'm guessing all the booze had something to do*w ith me stubbing my toe so badly on the way home that I took a nice chunk out of it, but it was still a good day overall.)

Working my ass off for a few days so forgive any silence. I think the U.S. has a three day weekend anyway so I doubt many people will miss me.

No comments: