Friday, February 23, 2007

Birds Of A Feather

Lately I've been roped into interviewing new candidates for positions in my division. My last job really tried my patience for this sort of thing, and most of the people I'm interviewing won't be working on my team, so I have to admit I really don't care enough.

However I do love commiserating with other interviewers after they've met the same candidate, particularly when that other interviewer is just about as bitchy as I am.

Case in point - after discussing the candidate's experience and perceived character, the following ended our conversation:

Coworker: So yeah, I'm not sure he'd be the right guy for the job.

Zander: Agreed. Besides...that shirt he was wearing?

Coworker: Oh thank god you said something, cause I didn't want to be the one to bring it up. That was just horrendous.

Zander: I know. We are totally not hiring him.

No comments: