- Insisted on buying myself Starburst Gummy Fruits on the way into work for breakfast, because it was my birthday and I could do what I wanted. Started to feel sick mid-morning, and looked down to realise I had eaten the entire bag in about 20 minutes.
- Recovered from my self-inflicted nausea long enough to head to lunch with the A-list from work.
- Stupidly chose the place that everyone from work goes, meaning every 5 minutes someone we didn’t invite would walk by and wonder why we they’d been left off the invite list. This is how I end up as part of the “Mean Girls” crew in every office I work in. On Wednesdays we wear pink!
- When being hounded about something work-related on a conference call in the afternoon, I actually said “Hey hey, it’s my birthday, you have to be nice to me”, and it totally worked and shut them up. I still haven’t done what I was supposed to do.
- Left the office as quickly as possible after 5pm so I could get to drinks at Darling Harbour. Was mean to everyone because it was my birthday and I knew they’d have to put up with it, and I’m clearly 6 years old.
After all that, the answer to the usual question is NO, I do not feel older, although it is weird to think that I am officially in my “late-twenties”. I’m still hoping my eyesight will hold out long enough that I can wait until 30 to get the glasses I clearly need desperately, but as I said last night, it’s not really a problem until I start having trouble seeing myself in reflective surfaces.Hang in there for some real drunken excitement. This week includes an open bar after work tomorrow, our work holiday lunch and pub crawl on Friday afternoon, and birthday drinking starting at 3pm on Saturday. Surely at least one of those can land someone in either the hospital or the local jail.