Monday, December 04, 2006

I'm Surprised This Laptop Doesn't Hate Me Too

I almost managed to pull off the low-key weekend I was aiming for. Friday night was a few of us having dinner at Longgrain, favourite restaurant in Sydney. Saturday night was a quiet one with some wine and a DVD. So of course by 3pm on Sunday we were all sitting on a balcony overlooking the harbour and demolishing the leftover supply of alcohol from last weekend's Thanksgiving picnic. Ah well, it was worth a shot.

I don't really have any crazy stories, so instead I'm going to subject you to some bitching. You see, technology has turned on me in the past week. Here's the update:
  • My Foxtel (that's cable TV, for the non-Aussies) has decided to get difficult every since we got a new TV last week. I finally got through to technical support yesterday, who "explained" to me that I had to go out and buy some whole new fancy type of TV cable that I can't pronounce. I have fortunately obtained it and after plugging random cords into various holes, I now have a picture AND sound on the television. We have no idea how to involve the VCR in this new process, and at this point I don't care.
  • I managed to crack the screen on my oh-so-lovely mobile phone not too long ago. Granted I was over the novelty of it all, but until it's fixed, I'm relegated to using my New York phone which has the charming quality of not actually identifying calls and text messages when they come in. I'm actually starting to memorise people's numbers, something that no one has done in over 7 years. It's scary.
  • And the winner of this trifecta of retardness is that my iPod adapter/charger that I bought only 3 months ago has decided to stop working. Of all the most unlikely things to stop working, how the hell did this happen? I don't even understand how it's possible. It just...doesn't...work.

Fortunately for me, this is where my silly habit of keeping every receipt in every box in every bag for every gadget I buy under my bed comes in handy. Too bad I'm usually too drunk to handle things like this.

I promise I will have more stories in the next few days, considering it's my birthday week AND our work holiday lunch/pub crawl is coming up soon too. That will definitely require pictures.

2 comments:

miznyc said...

totally unrelated to your post, amongst the myriad of Alcoholics Anonymous ads that pop up on your blog there was one for a Wonder Woman costume. lol

Anonymous said...

to fall in line with the "totally unrelated to your post" comments

Happy Birthday!