Monday, December 18, 2006

How The Grinch Made All His Friends Cry

It was a bit of an odd weekend for me. On Friday I stopped my drinking after about 6 hours to try and save some energy for the planned festivities on Saturday.

Unfortunately I woke up on Saturday with the unusual urge to injure anyone to come my way. It's not that often that I'm in a bad mood, but when it happens it is UGLY. Realizing this was the case, I was sure to warn my friends as soon as I met up with them for our Christmas BBQ (god, that's so Australian) that my bitchiness was not to be taken personally. And as a disclaimer, I would like to say that someone else did storm out of the apartment before the end of the night without saying goodbye to anyone, but I really really had absolutely nothing to do with it, thank you very much.

I decided that I just needed "more wine" to make everything better, which left me just as bitchy but at least I don't really remember the last couple of hours of the night. Ah well. Merry Christmas, sorry I was a bit of a Scrooge. I actually checked my horoscope belatedly, and it basically said "you will be in a FOUL mood today, and there's nothing you can do about it." I shit you not.

At this point I'm just trying to get through a somewhat stressful week at work so I can get on that freakin' plane on Saturday and head off on my fabulous jetsetting in Europe. Apologies if I bitch you out in the process. Toodles!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so out of it (maybe because of jetlag, maybe because alcohol has finally destroyed all my brain cells) but when you said Merry Christmas I was like, "What? It's not Christmas yet." And then I was like "Oh, but he's in Australia and it's later there." Someone help me.

Zander said...

Ha. Yeah well I just meant it in the context of the Christmas party. We're not THAT far in the future here...