Took many amazing pictures up at Hamilton Island, however I haven't had a chance to upload them yet. Will try to throw together one of my little albums for it later this week.
In the meantime, I will say that the Kylie concert last night was AMAZING. Highlights:
- Kylie doing the Roger Rabbit at the end of one of her songs, seemingly spontaneously. That was awesome. If only she had worked in The Sprinkler.
- Bono jumping on stage to sing Robbie's part in "Kids" with Kylie. Very nice surprise.
- The little pink t-shirt I borrowed for the occasion. Got an unexpected number of compliments on it. I don't think the owner is getting it back.
- Her new song that she wrote with the Scissor Sisters sounds fantastic
- So not only is this woman nearing 40 years old, but she is just getting over breast cancer? And she still looks and sounds this good?? People like this make me feel like I'm slacking. I'm not even 27 yet, and if you put me on a stage in front of tens of thousands of people the best I could manage would be to get drunk and tell a racist joke.
Seriously though, I've been to a lot of great concerts in recent years (Jay-Z, No Doubt, Snoop, Madonna) but this was definitely the most fun, and I'm not just saying that because I was so drunk. Although we did start drinking at 5, and I did get an additional beer at every costume change. That stuff isn't gonna drink itself, you know.
Dragged the girls out to a trashy bar for some dancing afterwards, which was also a good time until I had to tell some weird old guy to fuck off, which resulted in him yelling "Wanker! Wanker! WANKER!" at me for a few minutes. Uh yeah dude, maybe you should just get some friends and situations like this won't come up?
Anyway it's Monday morning and I feel fine, which means as soon as I eat lunch I will probably crash and burn and have a ridiculously unproductive afternoon. Bring it.