Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Thank God The 'Fashion Police' Aren't Real

Friday night set off the long weekend in appropriate style. Or maybe I should say inappropriate style. I met up with a few friends so we could go get dressed up for a costume party (called "a fancy dress party" here, for some reason) where the theme was The Next Big Thing In Fashion. I originally claimed I didn't like the theme, but it pretty much guaranteed that everyone would show up looking like a complete twat.

Things about this night that were so so wrong:
  • Our outfits. We were probably one of the more ridiculously dressed groups of people to show up. I, for example, ended up wearing a tight red little sleeveless baby tee, with a fuzzy purple shrug and my jeans backwards (not my idea).
  • My friend claiming she was fine to drive us there because she'd only had the one glass of wine, and promptly knocking over the motorcycle parked behind her on the street.
  • Having to walk by about 7 restaurants between the car park and the bar we were heading to. Only thing we could do was hold our heads high and pretend there weren't hundreds of people staring at us thinking 'WTF?'
  • Me getting drunk and realizing that wearing jeans backwards is uncomfortable, so kicking off my sneakers, pulling the jeans off and putting them on correctly. In the middle of the dancefloor.
  • Some guy seriously walking up to me and saying "Do you want to follow me to the toilets?" Uh buddy, I realize everyone is drunk and I'm dressed like a cracked out fashionista wannabe, but that's inappropriate. Of course with him still standing there I immediately turned to my friend and YELLED out what the guy had just said to me while pointing at him. And then turned back and said "That's a no." True he's disgusting, but I'm not sure that sort of public humilation was warranted.
  • And of course karma is a bitch. I decided to head home before everyone else, so I'm walking down the street dressed like god knows what, and managed to walk SMACK into a pole, face first, while eating a slice of pizza. The only witnesses were three bouncers at a bar nearby, who were all laughing so hard they couldn't breathe. Fair enough.

Anyway that about wraps that night up. But here are some photos to give you an idea of the level of trashiness at the party:








10 comments:

miznyc said...

the good news is that as long as you tell on yourself, you can never be blackmailed!

Anonymous said...

Okay. I find myself attracted to the gal in the green. She looks like a helluva lot of fun and is easy on the eyes.

I bet she's got one of them Australian accents too, eh?

Good lord.

Cristin said...

If backwards pants are wrong, I don't want to be right. Criss Cross'll make ya- JUMP JUMP!

emla said...

This makes me want to visit so bad!

Zander said...

DJS - Yes, most men find themselves attracted to her. Unfortunately for you, she's married. To a guy who is just as easy on the eyes as she is. One of those annoying couples, really.

AND to top it all off...she's actually French. Very, very French. Don't know if that ups her value for you or not, but I thought you should know.

Vicki said...

I don't think I've ever seen a French girl look so good. For real. Somehow the French get this great reputation for being way hot and way mysterious but in reality they're a bunch of frizzy haired bitches. But this girl? I just want to stick her in my pocket and save her for later.

Vicki said...

I just realized my last comment was a little creepy. I wish I could honestly say I'm sorry.

[I can't BELIEVE it's been so long since I drunk-blogged!]

Anonymous said...

Gosh, look at the outfit! No wonder why you were asked to go to the toilets!!!

Anonymous said...

It's all good. I'm happily married as well, but she looks like a lot o' fun, even for a Frenchie.

(I'm partially French, myself. Oui, oui!)

But yeah, French chicks? They don't bother me. Hell, one of my favorite movies is Amelie...and it ain't just the story me likey.

amy said...

Only you could be dressed so silly and still look hot ;-)