Thursday, October 12, 2006

I Am Easily Influenced

The other day I was reminded of the huge difference between my old job and this new one.


Old Job

I accomplish something impressive. It goes unnoticed, but the company directors do manage to find time to make it very clear that it's my fault that someone else did something wrong even though I knew absolutely nothing about it and couldn't have done anything even if I had known.


New Job

I accomplish something somewhat impressive (but really just part of the job). The client praises me on a conference call, my director circulates how fantastic I am to the team, and a few days later I get a huge gift box from the client including chocolates, cheese biscuits, and a bottle of wine, among other things. They also buy me drinks one afternoon to top it all off.


Not that I'm going to expect this sort of treatment on a regular basis, but I am so tempted to email this post to my old bosses.

No comments: