Wednesday, October 25, 2006

More Spastic Thoughts

I'm not feeling very capable right now when it comes to coherent blog posts, so I'm just gonna spit out the next few random things that float through my mind:

  • Despite looking and feeling like death on Monday evening, I had Team America over to watch Grey's Anatomy and made the Cheddar Baked Chicken with rice pilaf and broccoli, and it was AWESOME. Seriously, how I have not been snatched up as someone's pampered boy toy yet will never cease to amaze me. I'm such a catch.
  • After a few too many beers last night I got home and insisted on attempting to eat some of the leftovers from the previous night. Got as far as loading up the rice cooker and then promptly passed out. My flatmate arrived home to me lying half naked on the couch, probably drooling on myself, with the rice already gone cold. Things like this should probably serve as a reminder of why I'm single. But they don't. I'm such a catch.
  • Part of my horoscope today: "Despite all evidence to the contrary, you do not have all the answers all the time." Uh yeah, whatever. I never believed in that zodiac crap anyway, they clearly don't know what they are talking about. Just saw another one though that said "Declare yourself no longer available to those who make messes in your life and refuse to clean them up." I like that one. It means I should be a bitch.
  • Have tickets for the Jay-Z/Rihanna/Neyo concert tonight, which I've been looking forward to for weeks now. Better yet, Beyonce is in town as well and it's rumoured that she will be jumping on stage for a couple of numbers. Which might make up for the fact that Rihanna will probably sing that awful "Unfaithful" song. That song makes me want to cut my ears off.
  • Even though my head might already explode from the excitement of knowing that Domini and Emla will be here in a week and a half (and I assure you that afternoon drinks are already planned for the day they arrive), Domini tried to put me over the edge today by informing me that she will be meeting me in Paris for New Years. Now where did I put my Dirty French Phrases handbook...

3 comments:

emla said...

I actually have a Dirty French Phrases book -- should I send that to Paris with Domini in my stead?

Vicki said...

Bummer I won't be here for NY's because I'm sure some major havoc could be wreaked. I'm gonna count on you to make up for it big-time in my absence. Meanwhile I'll be kicking some major Estonian ass, which is going to be quite difficult considering I'll probably be on a vodka IV the whole time.

Zander said...

Emla, bring that book to Australia next week. I need time to practice.

Vix, I'm pretty sure it's a good thing we won't be there at the same time. You'd be guaranteed to be denied any visa you're hoping to get.