Friday, October 20, 2006

Random Friday Thoughts

  • We were hoping to do India for two weeks around New Years, but those plans have fallen through (oh to think of the statues I would have defiled) and won't happen for another 6 months or so. Since I have a weird thing about having to be away from where I live at New Years, I've just booked a 2 week trip to France to visit my mother for Christmas and maybe do Paris for New Years Eve. I'm still pretty appalled that I had to pay $3000 just to get there, but the excitement is balancing that out.
  • Was drinking at the Coogee Bay Hotel last night (yet again) and somehow ended up making a rather vile joke about a fetus giving head that I only half laughed at because I was kind of bothered by the fact that I had made it. If that wasn't disturbing enough, I have a vague recollection of having that conversation with someone before. Eww.
  • Back to travel plans -- since I won't have to take any vacation days for my France trip (most big companies here close for 2 weeks around the holidays, including mine) I am now considering a 10 day trip back to NY at the end of January. Which is another $2000, but once again, probably worth it. If only spending money was a profession. I'd be an industry leader.
  • We're a few weeks behind on the latest season of America's Next Top Model here, but I really have to say -- I'm a big fan of gimmicks and all, but there is NO excuse for those hideous twins being on the show. They are actually ugly, they have revolting bodies, and I can't imagine plastic surgery would be enough to warrant them even making the semi-finals, forget the actual show. God I hope they don't last too long -- although I am looking forward to the dramatics surrounding when one of them gets kicked off before the other.

2 comments:

amy said...

I so agree with you about the twins!! Can you believe my husband thinks they look pretty! WTF! Bye the way they are still on the show...I cant wait for one of them to be cut to!! Oh yeah and guess what one of them turns out to be gay ;-)

emla said...

Oh, shit, a spoiler....

And, don't forget that that one man-girl looks exactly like your brother. He's so pretty! (Hi, Chris!)