Friday, June 03, 2005

Achieving Negative Productivity

Did "dinner" with my family last night, which as usual translates to way too many vodka tonics and a few bottles of wine with maybe a morsel of food or two mixed in there somewhere.

Of course now I'm sitting at work, slightly hungover and really really tired (I don't sleep so well when I've been drinking), which led to the following exchange in a meeting this morning...


Vice President: So what I want to do is... [some long technical description of something or other]

Zander: [spacing out, since he's probably talking to someone else, right?]

VP: So, Zander, maybe you can throw together a project for this?

Zander: [stares blankly at the VP]

VP: Uh...write up the project requirements?

Zander: [blink]

VP: Or...I could start a project...write up the requirements...and basically do your job?

Zander: Uh...sure?


I still don't have a clue what he was talking about, so I guess this all works out pretty well in the end for everyone involved. Wait...

No comments: