Friday, May 04, 2007

Always The Professional

Ended up drinking with coworkers for a couple of hours last night before meeting up with friends, which was a good time until someone decided to remind me that I crashed a party for another team a couple of Fridays ago, and acted like a beligerent fool for the 5 minutes I was there. Their favorite was when I apparently saw some curtains moving and loudly exclaimed that there must be people getting it on behind them. Of course I went over to check, only to find that it was just an air vent. Ah well, I'll make detective some day.

In that spirit though, I thought I would list out some of my less professional moments over the last 24 hours:
  • While walking back from a work lunch yesterday, yelling at a cab driver and giving him the finger...in front of the entire team, including the new Director. Fortunately for me, "He's from New York" seems to be a perfectly good explanation for such behavior.
  • Drunk texting my firm partner from Establishment last night, telling her she should "come for a dance!"
  • Telling her this morning what a good time she missed, which included pointing out that they played "Love Is A Battlefield" and doing a bit of the dance from the music video, before realizing that her office indeed has glass walls, and everyone else could see me.
  • Stretching a little too much on my chair a few moments ago, resulting in my ass slipping off and me falling to the floor, much to the amusement of my colleagues. Seriously, it happened like 12 minutes ago and they're all still laughing about it. Except for the PA who is recovering from a cold and hasn't stopped coughing, in place of laughing.

Honestly, I don't know why everyone doesn't want to work with me. And thank god my review was on Monday.

No comments: