Monday, August 07, 2006

I Feel Like A Guinea Pig

Until this weekend I always thought people were being dramatic when they said a certain brand of beer would make them act a certain way. Some liquor, I can easily understand -- too much gin and I'm even more of an asshole than usual, and too much tequila and I'll probably have about two less friends in the morning than I did before that first fateful shot.

But since I'm relatively new to being a big beer drinker, I had never really experienced any difference between them, other than anything made in the United States tasting like rat's piss. However I recently decided I liked the taste of Toohey's New better than Carlton Draught, which had been my favourite for almost a year now. And woe to the man who underestimates the New.

Saturday was another day to start drinking at 2pm, and this time it was Toohey's New I was drinking. Now please keep in mind that I ate a massive lunch in preparation for this boozefest, and even ate about 3 slices of "NY style pizza" around 7pm or so. So I'm still confused as to how I completely blacked out for the last hour of the night, especially considering my night ended around 10.30pm. To make matters worse, not one person in the group remembers which bar we were at when I decided to go home. That's pretty fucking bad. So yeah, it's back to Carlton for me.


Oh and on Sunday I discovered that it's only cheap white wine that gives me the ability to thrash everyone at Trivial Pursuit, apparently drinking more beer makes me tie for last place. But we won't dwell on that. (And in my defense, almost all of my questions were something like "Which Australian Labour minister resigned in 1963 because of allegations of adultery?" or some crap like that. Not fair at all.)

1 comment:

Ben said...

Remind me to send you a bottle of Arrogant Bastard. That'll change your tune about american beer. The rest of it, I must concur, is piss.