Friday, August 18, 2006

Better Late Than Never

Sorry I've been so slack about updating the blog this week. Things have been crazy at work as I've tried to basically throw all of my responsibilities at other people as soon as possible so I can coast through my last week here. In Australia it's standard (and in my contract) that you give 4 weeks notice, but I've managed to negotiate getting out of here in 2, which means I will have 2 weeks off between jobs. Oh, the excitement.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

But first things first, I realize I didn't recap my weekend. It was all the usual, although the most interesting part was Saturday night. We had a few girls visiting from New York, and while we had shown them a good Sydney time for their stay, we figured we should have at least one night with a little New York flavour.

Ellen and I had been dying to check out Saturday nights at the Civic, as we'd heard it was hip hop night there, and they have oh-so-awesomely called it "Booty Bar". It did not disappoint, and was very reminiscent of New York, between all the minorities and the 10 minute wait outside even though there were about 3 people inside the building.

Everyone was quickly appalled at how many words I knew to all of the songs (so I had a lot of free time on my hands as a teenager, gimme a break) and we all got trashed and honoured the "Booty Bar" the best way we knew how.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

And speaking of music, I have spent the last 2 weeks trying to replenish my collection of mp3s on my new iPod. I had 1094 songs on my old mp3 player, and I've managed to get up to 495 songs on the new one, and I'm running out of ideas. To think that over half of the music I loved and cherished is lost to me forever simply because I can't remember it is just depressing. Then again every now and then I do remember one or two songs that I haven't downloaded, and realized that maybe I'm better off without those Victoria Beckham (aka Posh Spice) songs from her much unappreciated solo career. Fair enough. Having said that, I spent some time yesterday downloading songs by Ace of Base, so it's not that my taste has improved at all.

If anyone has any ideas of brilliant songs that I may have forgotten to download, you MUST let me know. Because I've been using my work computer for all of this, and I only have a week to go before I end up only having my flatmates slow ass laptop to download to.

No comments: