Monday, March 19, 2007

Slow Recovery

So it's been a week now since my surgery. I have to admit I am recovering much more slowly than I expected, but I have been rather ambitious.

On Friday night I attempted to act like everything was fine, so I came into work for office drinks, and then headed to Opium Den for dinner and drinks. That mostly went well, other than the fact that every time I laughed (which was pretty much through the whole meal) I would get a painful cramp in my side, which for some reason made me laugh even harder. It didn't help that KitKat kept attempting to refill our wine glasses but forgetting to reopen the bottle. Repetitive stupidity is always an easy laugh.

I then headed to a bar with the gang, only to accept about halfway through my beer that I was way too uncomfortable to have a good time (I still had bandages on) and I caught a taxi home.

Having learned my lesson, I even skipped a cocktail party on Saturday night and stayed in to watch TV. Keep in mind that this is the only time I can remember doing this in recent history, and will hopefully be the last time until I'm old and decrepit. Still, I needed it.

The worst part about the whole thing has probably been that they made me shave my nether regions, so now it's growing in, and you can imagine how much fun that is. Between that and the surgical socks they expected me to wear for a week, it was more like an exercise in humility than a week for recovery. Fortunately I'm in no danger whatsoever of anyone seeing me naked in the near future, so I have plenty of time to get back to normal down there.

The other thing I got done was looking at more apartments and deciding on one, but more about that with my next post cause I've been out of the office for a week and things aren't looking pretty.

No comments: