Thursday, October 13, 2005

"A Drink" - Australian For "12 Hour Bender"

I have to say, when someone sends me a text message at 11am on a Wednesday asking if I want to meet for "a drink", I don't really expect to still be throwing the drinks back at midnight with the same person. Especially when it's my first time actually meeting them.

I'll spare you all the details, since my memory has been kind enough to do the same for me. All I know is that it's the next afternoon, I feel like horseshit, and I could have sworn I intended to do something about looking for employment today, but since I'm having trouble remembering I think the best way to go is another nap.

1 comment:

Phil said...

Through the miracles of mobile technology, I got wind of this potential calamity early on in the "day," even if it was 10pm here in NY. Knowing both our dear Zander, and the other participant in this "drink," I had cause for concern. Now, I'm no psychic, but I saw this coming clear as day. Thankfully, reputations were lived up to, and the rest is history...as they say...

Well done.