Sunday, May 22, 2005

Happy Hour, Round 4 (Emla's Bday)

My mother showed up for Emily's birthday happy hour on Friday, and when I gave Emily her birthday gift from a few of us, it was my mother who managed to provide the potential offensive quote of the evening...

Emily: Look! Hoop earrings with my name in them! I've wanted these forever!!

Mother: Oh, fantastic. Now you can go get a job as a cashier at D'Agostino's.


And you people wonder how I got this way?


UPDATE:

Can't believe I managed to forget this, but Cristin was definitely a contender (and very possibly winner) of Offensive Quote of the Night.

Zander: Fred (my stepdad) has the same birthday as Hitler!

Cristin: Oh, April 20th?

Zander: How do you know that?

Cristin: Oh, well, I had this boyfriend in high school who got suspended because... (long, convoluted story)

Everyone: Ah.

Cristin: And I hate Jews.


Mad props to Cristin for that one since she said it in front of my parents mere minutes after meeting them. Talk about first impressions.

2 comments:

Cristin said...

Um, hello, I knew when Hitler's birthday was. How did I not get offensive quote of the night?

Drew said...

Cristin, that is just...awesome.

God.

I am literally sitting here wiping away tears.