Friday, April 15, 2005

Is This What Heaven Is Like?


Met my mom for drinks and then dinner right after work yesterday. After a few vodka tonics, we decided it was time to head to the restaurant if we were going to make our reservation, but while my mom was in the bathroom, I decided to ask the bartender a simple question -- "What do you think is a good scotch?"

Who knew the magic contained in those words? Within seconds I had several glasses of scotch sitting in front of me, including one poured from a bottle that lived on one of those shelves so high up behind the bar that you didn't know it existed. Alcohol content of that one? 55 percent, thank you and good night.

So I've decided that Oban Single Malt Scotch Whisky is my new favorite scotch that I'm probably too cheap to buy for myself. Johnny Walker, you still have a customer.

After all that, the wine with dinner, the cognac with dessert and the additional vodka tonic at the bar afterwards, I'm not even going to pretend I remember enough to finish this post.

No comments: