Saturday, April 28, 2007

This Is Why I'm Hot

So it's a Saturday morning and I'm at work again. However, unlike all of the other weekends and public holidays I've had to work over the past couple of months, this one is my fault. On Thursday, after finally launching our huge marketing campaign that has taken over my life lately, my brain just kind of shut down from exhaustion. I had other work to do and I managed, however yesterday afternoon I found myself just sitting here and staring at my unfinished business proposal. I eventually just gave up and figured it would make more sense to come in for a couple of hours today to get it done, and that my Friday afternoon would be better spent watching the episode of Heroes that I missed earlier in the week.

As much as I love my work, I wouldn't do this year-round. Fortunately in terms of timing, reviews are coming up in May so hopefully all of this work will just make me look like the committed and diligent employee that I'm not.

I've always found it funny how so many people dread the review process. I mean let's summarize the situation -- someone has to sit there and listen to me talk about how awesome I am for a good half hour? That's pretty much my version of heaven, thanks. (I think there's also some part after that where your reviewer gives you "feedback" and "constructive criticism", but I generally miss that part because I'm still thinking about how great I am)

Anyway, all I can hope is that this little burst of productivity will be rewarded when raises and bonuses are announced at the end of June. In the meantime, I think it's time to chill out and enjoy the fact that for the first time in over 6 months, I have no big trips planned, and work should be relatively normal. More likely, I will get restless in a week and plan my next adventure, but I can pretend I enjoy stability for a few days.

No comments: