How most people would prepare for their first day at a new company:
- Study company website in detail, learn product offerings
- Google company name for any recent news
- Perhaps read a management book considering they're about to be a boss for the first time
How Zander prepares for his first day at a new company:
- To calm nerves, grab JuJu and go on a shopping spree (new shoes, pants, shirt, belt)
- Schedule haircut and dentist appointment
- Organize drinks on Friday night
- Spend half of Sunday watching a Miss Seventeen marathon on MTV
- Attempt to read company website but get bored and take a nap
So yeah I may end up failing completely, but god knows I'm gonna look good doing it. Always good to be able to remind myself that I really am the living embodiment of style over substance. Not that I'm particularly stylish, but I seriously have NO substance, and I think that's what's really important here. And I'm hot.
May not post much this week, but let's hope I do at least one embarrassing thing in the next few days that will inspire anything worth reading.