Wednesday, February 15, 2006

The Tax Man Cometh, Indeed

Not to be a braggart or anything (ha!), but I just had to share my joy in doing my US taxes and finding out that I'm getting the biggest refund anyone has ever had. Okay, well it's not that impressive, but it's pretty damn sweet.

So I haven't completely figured out how I ended up with this much back from Uncle Sam. I figure one reason could be that I was taxed in a certain bracket, and then getting most of it back because I really only earned half that much by the time I left my job halfway through the year. OR it's because George W. Bush isn't as dumb as he looks, and thinks that by giving us a few thousand dollars back from our taxes each year, maybe we will all pretend that he hasn't violated the civil rights of all ordinary Americans, waged wars for oil, or been responsible for the deaths of hundreds of thousands of innocent people in foreign nations. And if it's the latter, all I have to say is screw those Republican bastards. But I'll keep the money. Cheers.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go buy myself some more money. Muahahahaaaaa.

No comments: