Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Window To A Messy Past

This past week was like I had suddenly decided to revisit my life about 3 years ago. Between a few visitors being in town and the run up to Mardi Gras, it was just a drunken mess.

Tuesday was my biggest schoolnight out in months, and on Wednesday I suffered indeed, but still managed to drag myself out for a few quick drinks after work. Friday and Saturday each involved between 6 and 9 hours of partying, and now that it's all over I wouldn't mind a few weeks of sitting at home knitting, or something equally old and lame.

Work has also gotten ridiculously quiet for the past week or so, which has been awesome despite the inevitable worries that if it gets too quiet I will be another statistic. My list of things I managed to do last week included my US taxes, showing up between 10 and 11 in the morning every single day, and planning out my partying schedule for the week.

This week isn't looking much more exciting, and between my allergies and my very empty calendar for tomorrow, I'm considering a well-deserved and overdue sick day at the beach. Don't be hatin'.

No comments: