Saturday, March 01, 2008

Calm Before The Storm

After a really hectic week at work, and knowing I had a huge weekend ahead of me, I decided to have a quiet Friday night, and limited myself to 4 beers in the office before going home to watch a DVD and falling asleep on the sofa.

I realize it's uncharacteristic of me to be so sensible, but after a day where I was dragged into a "priority meeting" with a client where things were going a bit awry, and I managed to steer the conversation into the topic of leather underwear, it was probably best that I didn't get trashed and see where the night took me. Because that would have been an ugly, ugly place.

So now it's Saturday morning, and even though it's the big Mardi Gras weekend and the parade is tonight, I will actually be skipping all of that this year to drive up to Newcastle with Murphy for a wedding and a drunken weekend out of town. Pictures of me drunk in the boonies will likely be available within a week.

No comments: