Friday, January 18, 2008

Perspective

I was managing to have a quiet week, and then I decided to meet a couple of people for after work drinks on Wednesday, got shockingly drunk, and don't remember the last couple hours of the night, even though I was home and in bed by 10.30pm.

But in these situations, I think it's important to put these things into perspective. At least I'm not nearly as bad as the 16-year old teenager near Melbourne who threw a house party that ended up with around 500 guests, and included a game of naked Twister and required several police squads, including dogs and a helicopter to break up.

To top it all off, the teenager is a complete asshole. When radio stations have called him to have him on the air, he tells them "I'll think about it and get back to you". When he's being interviewed on the news, and they ask him if he can remove his sunglasses, he says "No, they're famous". And when asked what he would tell other teenagers who are throwing a house party of their own, he responded with "Let me do it for you".

I'd find his antics much funnier if he were joking or being ironic, but at the risk of sounding like an old geezer, this is what's wrong with kids today. Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go get horrifically drunk and terrorize innocents all weekend. Cheers.

No comments: