Monday, August 22, 2005

FAQ

So if you actually read the nonsense I post here every few days, you're aware that I'm moving to Australia for a few months. Between my friends and a few reader emails, I figured I would answer a few questions about my little adventure:


WHY ARE YOU GOING TO AUSTRALIA?

Yeah, this one is pretty basic. Essentially, one of my very few goals/dreams in life is to live abroad for a little while. And since I was in Australia last year, I've decided that Sydney was the place I wanted to be. The timing is perfect because I have a couple of friends down there temporarily, in addition to my family who lives there, so it's a 'now or never' sort of deal, and I'd rather not spend the rest of my life regretting that I didn't have the balls to do it. Besides, everyone there is always drunk. I shouldn't need more reason than that, right?


WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO DOWN THERE?

Uh...that's TBD. I'm pretty sure I'll want to get a job of some sort, if only to make sure I don't get bored with lying on the beach, and maybe meet people. But at this point I'm open to doing almost anything. A lot of people have suggested that I should be a bartender, but there are a couple of issues with that -- a) bartenders in Australia don't make nearly as much as they do in a place like New York (no tips) and b) based on my previous bartending experiences, I'd probably end up passed out on a couch in a corner of the bar, OR simply too inebriated to open a bottle of beer without injuring myself.


HOW LONG ARE YOU GOING FOR?

Hmm, well the original plan was just to go for around 4 months, but now I'm considering extending it for a month or two. After that I'd probably come back to New York and get back into my usual routine, aka being a horrifying display of why prohibition might have been the right way to go.


ARE YOU GOING TO KEEP BLOGGING?

That's a good question. I'm spending a week of vacation in the UK first, and I don't know what kind of computer access I'll have on a daily basis in Sydney, so it's going to be at least a couple of weeks without any posts here. In the meantime, everyone should refer to all those nifty links to other blogs and sites on the right side. God knows Cristin and Vicki should have enough entertaining tales to keep you going, them bitches post like it's going out of style.


I think that's all the big questions I keep getting. Other than "why are you such an asshole?", but I'm still trying to figure that one out.

1 comment:

Vicki said...

I´m so flattered!

PS, itś super easy to be an asshole all around the world so I wish you the best of luck but youŕe totally not gonna need it. Take last night in Split for example when my friend knocked over an entire bar table with like 10 glasses on it and it shattered everywhere and I go ˝Well, clearly this place sucks. I´m gonna take a leak and then weŕe outta here.˝ Oh shit, I did that thing again where I talked about myself on someone elseś blog. Good thing I don´t give a shit.