Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Wow, I Suck

Can't believe I went this long without a blog post. Very sorry. And it's not that I haven't been out and about and drinking like a fool -- I just haven't had time. But since I have a few minutes before my next meeting, let's recap a few things.

FRIDAY

A relatively early night (meaning I was home and in bed by 11pm) but just a tip for the kids out there -- if you manage to knock someone's beer bottle straight out of their hand unesxpectedly, because you were showing off your "ninja fighting", and think that's an acceptable excuse for what you've done, it's time to go home.


SATURDAY

I had to go to work for a few hours in the morning. Not really because I was oh so busy, but more because I spent half of Friday dicking around with friends and coworkers instead of finishing a proposal.

The day was saved, however, when I headed to a friend's farewell cruise on the harbour. It started so civilized and pretty, and ended up rather messy and ugly. It's never a good sign when a boat full of people are witness to your Rick Astley routine when half of them don't know your name.

We had the boat drop us off at the Opera House, headed over to the bar, and I actually managed to last until around 10 something before I hit that point where I realized I could go home or things could go really really wrong. Thank god I can think practically at least some of the time.


SUNDAY

Brunch, shopping, a few drinks, and a quiet night. If only I could follow that formula more reliably.


MONDAY

So this week basically SUCKS, as more than a couple of projects have gone haywire and I have been struggling to keep up. Yesterday was awful, but was salvaged when I got two free tickets to the flamenco performance at the Opera House, preceded by some really amazing free food and drinks. Now if only all this pesky work would go away, I'd really love this job again.

No comments: