Tuesday, April 05, 2011

Found: Our Spots in Hell

This past weekend was the long-awaited LOST party. In a bit of a throwback to the 90s and rave dance parties, you only get told where this party will be a couple of hours before the actual event. And the theme for this one was "Lost at the Altar", basically a wedding theme.

We knew the party was going to be hectic in an awesome way, but nothing really prepared us for the fact that everyone seemed ready to get hammered (or already there) from the moment we got there around 3pm, and it only got better (worse?) from there on out. All I can really do is let a few of the photos tell the story.


I decided to go as a hipster priest - with tight black shorts, hipster shoes that also look like something a poor religious person would wear, and sunglasses. Throw in a cross hanging in front of my crotch and I was set. (The 'stache was just for effect, it didn't make it out of my apartment.)


 The creativity was pretty impressive with some costumes:

Not so much for all of them though:

I'm not sure what's more appalling - the fact that the dude on the left is definitely in blackface so that he could be Usher, or the fact that it literally took me about 36 hours to make the connection between Usher and a wedding theme:

And this pretty much sums up how the night ended - because I have no idea who these people are, and I certainly don't remember hanging out with them, yet we have about a dozen photos together:


Alas, I'm really not sure I will go to any more of these parties. It was one of the best days I've had in a while, but it's also Tuesday and I'm not entirely sure I've fully recovered. Also, the the photos suggest that I need not do anything else beyond this party to earn a pretty cozy spot in hell, so really why put in the effort.

No comments: