Monday, January 18, 2010

Just Call Me Grandpa

In my younger days I would have blogged here about my awesome drunken weekend, and how crazy me and my friends are. And while my Saturday did involve a 10-hour bender ending with one of my friends incoherently babbling about the conversations he has with the birds in his backyard, I spent most of the weekend in my apartment (hiding from the hideous heat) being annoyed by other people having fun.

To give you a bit of context, it appears that my new corporate apartment in Perth is where they will be filming MTV's Spring Break, perhaps as an alternative to Mexico now that it's been overrun by drug lords and shoot outs. Starting at midday on Friday, Saturday and Sunday, hordes of European students would swarm the pool areas of my building, start blasting tacky dance music, and dance around in their bikinis and board shorts for the ENTIRE DAY.

And just in case you think I'm exaggerating, here's a photo from what was actually one of the quieter moments of the weekend - please note the couple making out in the pool, and the guy climbing over a wall for no apparent reason:



I don't know exactly when I started to be annoyed by drunk and half-naked young people with hot accents, but rest assured that I have actually called corporate housing to file a complaint. I'll be applying for some sort of senior citizen discount any day now.

1 comment:

matt said...

WTF Can I live there??