Wednesday, January 06, 2010

Ah, The Memories


Just so we're all clear, that's the last happy memory I have. Also to be clear, I have had happy moments since then, but I don't remember any of them. Two bottles of wine in one sitting will do that to you.

The first day back at work was horrendous, and I was bitching about it with some friends later that day until we all realized that we were at a dinner party that we had thrown purely because we needed an excuse to finish off an extra bottle of Moet from New Years, at which point we shut up and tried to think of the less fortunate people in the world, few as they may be.

I can't quite get out of my emotional funk, evidenced by the fact that I just informed our team assistant that January 6th is when Christmas decorations need to be taken down. Upon receiving a scowl and a few unprintable words as a response, I walked away while shouting "I'm just saying, if you didn't want the responsibility, you shouldn't have put them up in the first place."

Guess who's not getting invited to anything fun in 2010...

No comments: