Thursday, August 09, 2012

This Should Be Interesting

On Sunday I will be participating in the City2Surf (a 14km run from Sydney's centre out to Bondi Beach) for the third time. Last year I was pretty focused in my preparation, and my time was just over 72 minutes, and while it was an impressive time I set my sights on doing it in under 70 minutes this year.

And so, in order to prepare to push myself that much harder, here's how I've trained for City2Surf 2012:
  • I've been running outside a total of 3 times in the last month
  • I have strenuously avoided running or even walking up any kind of hills
  • This was after spending 2 weeks eating my way through the US and Mexico
  • I love beer

So yeah, this may actually be farcical. And yet, I am still fixated on 70 minutes. Will let you know how that goes.

No comments: