Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Doctor's Orders

Dental issue seems to be resolved. I went back yesterday (this time to my usual dentist, who told me I was an idiot for taking the laser treatment option) and we just ripped the offending tooth out. Some actual conversations during the 40 minutes I was there:

Dentist: So what do you want to do?
Zander: Let's just rip the tooth out and call it a day, shall we?
Dentist: You know, you may want to just get the bottom wisdom tooth out as well while you're here.
Zander: I don't think that will be necessary.
Dentist: But...
Zander: Listen, I majored in Marketing. I think I know what I'm talking about


Dentist: Okay, so no drinking at the moment while you're healing.
Zander: Wait, for how long?
Dentist: A few days, I guess.
Zander: This is important. I need you to be specific. Can I drink on Friday?
Dentist: Oh whatever, you can drink tonight if you want to.
Zander: Sweet.


Dentist: Now go straight home, get some rest and start taking the painkillers.
Zander: I have tickets to see Prometheus in 3D at the IMAX theatre in 90 minutes.
Dentist: Ooh, tell me how it is! Oh, and no popcorn.


(For the record, my laissez-faire attitude towards medical advice hasn't seem to have backfired. Yet.)

No comments: