Wednesday, January 11, 2012

That's What You Get

I didn't bother blogging because I just had one of the quietest weekends in my entire life. Other than a couple of drinks on Friday night and a couple more on Sunday evening, I basically stayed in my apartment to cook, clean, watch TV and continue to recuperate from a crazy holiday season.

And what happens Tuesday morning? I wake up feeling like I'm on my deathbed. Fever, aches and pains all over, exhaustion. For a little while I was excited because I thought I had the flu for the first time ever (I like trying out new things), but considering I felt almost normal by the time evening had rolled around, I'm guessing it was something else.

In any case, this completely reinforces my genuine belief that heavy alcohol consumption kills bacteria and prevents you from getting sick. I had previously based my theory on the fact that pretty much everyone I know who abstains from alcohol for a months spends at least part of that month feeling deathly ill, but now I've got my own personal experience to back it up. Vodka, I will never leave you alone in my freezer again.

No comments: