Wednesday, January 25, 2012

I Have My Reasons

I feel like 50% of my blog posts these days are me apologizing for neglecting my blog, which is a shame as I doubt that makes for compelling reading for anyone.

In any case, the reason (this time) is that I have ended up buying an apartment. Crazy, I know. Not something New Yorkers generally do. But there comes a point where the rent one pays on a luxury apartment is so outlandish that it just makes sense to buy one for yourself. And so I've bitten the bullet and done it.

Having said that, I'm still not convinced I will be able to bring myself to hand over all the money I've been saving for over a year to a real estate agent. While I'm sure it will be great to be a homeowner and all, I'm not looking forward to being broke in my thirties. Then again, maybe that just proves that I'm still a New Yorker after all.

No comments: