Saturday, October 30, 2004

Updates from the Museum of Sex

So based on what people are telling me and what my slowly sobering brain is contributing, here are some of the highlights from last night:
  • Jess asked me if a guy there was dressed as a Nazi. By the time he told us he was actually a pilot, it was too late because we had decided he was a Nazi. (Jess also told him he was gay.) We pulled our standard "we're so obnoxious" routine, and he left the room about 3 minutes later as Jess and I yelled "HEIL!" and gave him a Nazi salute. Shit, I just remembered, I also threw a mask at his back as he walked away. Fucking Nazis.
  • I promise that when I yelled "Goddamnit no more Asians!" I was talking about the exhibit, and not the Korean girl standing nearby.
  • After several drinks in Brooklyn (Who drinks before an open bar? We do.) and a few "Dewar's Sidecars", I decided I should get my face covered in makeup. It took about 30 minutes and I looked ridiculous (fake eyelashes were involved). I then walked around telling random people "I don't normally look like this." I also scared the shit out of myself this morning when I woke up and went to the bathroom, not realizing I still had it on. I'm at work now and I think I'm still wearing eyeliner.
  • I won a gift certificate for "Toys in Babeland", a sex shop. Emily decided to hold it for "safekeeping", but we all know bitch already ordered "The Rabbit" so I guess I won't be seeing that again.
  • After pizza back in Brooklyn, I had an unfortunate encounter with 9th Street, resulting in the aforementioned bloody arm, plus other cuts and bruises I didn't see until I got in the shower this morning.
  • Emily told me something sad, which prompted me to attempt to cry for the first time since I was 6 years old. I got my eyes to glass over, but no actual tears came out. Yup, still no soul. I'll try again next year.

Hopefully someone will be kind enough to provide a picture of me and my painted face, it was pretty fucking horrifying.