Monday, December 19, 2011

Old Dog, New Trick

Saturday was our annual long lunch, which started at 2pm, ended around 8pm, and was followed by drinks at a few more parties before the night ended in surprisingly respectable form.

And on Sunday, I met up with my family for my first attempt at a game of golf now that I've finished lessons. Everyone's been asking me how I did, and I tell them "Well, I got around 7 over par...on each hole." It's fun to hesitate in the middle, and then watch their reaction as they go from thinking I'm the next Tiger Woods (minus all sex with trashy blonde Hooters waitresses) to wondering why I even kept going after the second hole.

In any case, I somehow still managed to enjoy being the worst golfer ever, and will try to get into it, or at least get to a point where I'm not completely embarrassing myself and everyone around me each time I play. Stranger things have happened.

No comments: