Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Alert: Brain Cell Count Dangerously Low

After last weekend where I went out drinking and singing karaoke with a sore throat and then lost my voice, you'd think I would know to take it easy for at least a little while. But you'd be wrong.

While I managed to exert a little self-control on Friday night and headed home around 10, I seemed to see no issues with meeting Ginny and Jam at 5pm on Saturday and ordering wine by the bottle.

The last things I remember of the evening were possibly falling on someone I had just met, and inhaling a slice of pizza on the way home.

Needless to say I had even less of a voice on Sunday morning and declined to leave the apartment in fear of scaring any young children that might not be comfortable with the fact that I sounded like Cancer Man.

I am now aiming to not drink (much) until Friday, and would appreciate your support through these hard times.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi,
I was reading and the beginning part sounds a lot like what i have done to myself just recently.. just stay home sleep rest get into some movies and zone out for lil while take a few hot showers then do the pool or beach and take soda or water avoid the booze .. its hard i know i get the urge to drink too its easy to want to when life gets so demanding.. i think your being a little rebel like i am and its ok just be good to yourself for a while make a goal for that day to just not drink and then worry about tomorrow when it comes and do the same. easier said than done unless your so sick of feeling like crap. Im tired lets take a break