Wednesday, March 07, 2012

Yawn

I'm exhausted. Work is absolutely killing me at the moment, and combined with my social life (which still requires I leave the office at 5pm on the dot, thank you very much) it's not leaving much time for sleep and relaxation.

And of course, I'm moving into my new apartment on Friday. The main question people ask for weeks leading up to a move tends to be "Oh, so have you started packing yet?" For some reason, I get defensive about this question. When you're three weeks away from moving, it just sounds stupid. Why the hell would I have started packing already? Leave me alone.

Of course we are now less than 48 hours from when the movers will show up, and thanks to that defensiveness, with a touch of my usual procrastination, I'm pretty sure the only way this can possibly end now is with me frantically throwing all of my belongings into huge garbage bags while the movers take care of anything that is too big or heavy to fit into one of said garbage bags.

For the record, I still think I'm better than you. Yes, you.

No comments: