Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Eww

Had some business to attend to around lunchtime today, which meant taking a bus across the city. And during my 10 minutes on the bus, two totally separate people attempted to hand me religious flyers about "the Bible" or "Jeebus" or something or other.

Now listen folks -- I realize you don't know much about me or my family, but we are not lapsed Christians. The only thing we worship is any bottle of vodka that hasn't been completely drained of its sweet sweet nectar. And maybe the crazy homeless guy near my office, because sure he might smell like pee but he is just too damn funny sometimes, what can I say.

Not only that, but if I was trying to convert people to my religion I'm pretty sure the last ones I'd want on my team are the ones who would change religions based on a stupid fucking pamphlet. That's all I'm sayin'.

1 comment:

Gareth Bezett said...

The technical term is a "tract" rather than "pamphlet". I suspect people do this because they feel that they should be doing something to convert the heathen masses. Handing out pieces of paper is something that anyone can do. I've yet to meet anyone converted this way, but who knows?